Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 2 and 3

In the past I've experimented with semi-vegetarianism. For about a year, I ate no red meat, (except for when I was in Europe, I couldn't resist the doner kabobs and ice cream), very little turkey or chicken, and used dairy alternatives to milk. I felt fantastic when I did this! But I also wasn't cooking much at home, which I've recently discovered that I love to do. My food choices at that time weren't based on the Sattvic diet, in fact, I had never heard of it. But after some research, the benefits of this kind of diet were clear to me, and I could see how my choices effected the planets and the animals that live there.
Over the past year, I've been making everything from roast chicken dinners, to lasagna, to lots of over tamasic and rajasic things. I still ate very little, if any, red meat. But I have to admit, with adding this food to my diet, my jeans became slightly tighter, my body and mind weren't feeling as energized and clear. I knew inside my food choices weren't best for me, the planet, or the animals I was eating. 
Although I've dabbled before, this kind of diet is not an easy transition. As I was unpacking the trick-or-treaters candy, (which I didn't buy) I thought about how good one of those Twix bars would taste! And, more than anything, I love seafood. Going out to eat tonight isn't going to be easy, but I'll try to find something on the menu that will suit my plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment